Ole’! Ole’! I bring you the Sangria from Spain!
Sangria is wine punch that is perfect for summertime, with its roots from – you guessed it – Spain. It is a perfect drink for the hot weather season and the varieties of food eaten in summer.
The wine, bubbly water and fruit are the basic ingredients used in a Sangria. But, this recipe has been adapted by countries all over the world. And each adaptation seems to only make it better.
To get you started, here is a basic Sangria recipe. You will need:
1 Bottle of Red Wine
1 Lemon (cut in wedges)
1 Orange (cut in wedges)
2 Cups-ginger ale or club soda
1 shot brandy
2 Tbsp sugar
To prepare its yumminess:
1. Pour wine in a pitcher.
2. Toss in the fruit wedges (after squeezing the juice into the wine).
3. Give it an overnight chill session.
4. Before serving, add ginger ale or club soda.
For a BBQ in the backyard, change things up a bit, and try this white wine Sangria recipe:
1 Bottle white wine
1 Lemon, orange, lime and peach (all cut into wedges)
1 Cup sliced strawberries
1/2 Cup sugar
1/2 Cup lemon or lime ade
1 Can diced pineapple with juice
2 Cups Ginger Ale
2 Shots of any fruit flavored brandy
Then, prepare this punch as follows:
1. Pour wine into your pitcher.
2. Squeeze all fruit wedges before tossing them into the punch.
3. Add other fruits (that weren’t squeezable)
4. Add ade, sugar and brandy
5. Give it an overnight chill.
6. Right before serving, pour in the Ginger Ale and some ice.
For some spicy chips and salsa dip, try this Sangria favorite:
1 Bottle Red Wine
1 Lime, orange and lemon, cut into wedges
2 Tbsp sugar
1 Shot of Rum
1 1/2 tsp Hot Sauce
1 Bottle of citrus soda or club soda
To drink your spicy sangria, you must first:
1. Pour wine in your pitcher.
2. Squeeze the juice from fruit wedges into wine and then toss the wedges in,too.
3. Add sugar, hot sauce and rum to the punch.
4. Give it an overnight chill.
5. Add citrus or club soda right before you serve it.
All of these recipes are basically the same, with extra fruits or spices here and there. The sangria can help lighten up a party and give it “atmosphere.
So have FUN! OLE’!
(recipes chosen from about.com:wine website)