300g/10oz cabbage sprouts(菜胆)
½ cup anchovies
½ tsp salt
½ tsp soy sauce
¼ tsp sugar
1 tsp cornstarch
2 cloves garlic (minced)
2 slices ginger
2 – 3 Tbsp cooking oil
1. Wash cabbage sprouts and cut each one cross-sectionally to 4 or 6 pieces depending on size.
2. Wash anchovies and gently squeeze out excess water or spread on kitchen paper towel to dry a little.
3. Heat oil on medium, fry anchovies.
4. Midway, add garlic and ginger and stir-fry a while till garlic fragrant and anchovies light brown.
5. Add dripping wet cabbage sprouts and cover with lid. Cook for a few minutes till vegetables soft.
6. Dissolve salt, sugar, soya sauce and cornstarch in 2 to 3 Tbsps of water (depending on how much water from cooking the vegetables is in the pan). Pour over vegetables and mix till sauce comes back to the boil.
7. Dish up. Ready to serve.