Contributed by Mei.
Hi, I’m Mei. I love this website with its beautiful color scheme, images and good recipes. You mentioned in the Steamed Fish recipe that it can also be steamed with fermented soybean paste. I do steam my fish this way. I’m contributing this recipe and would be happy to know whether you do it the same way as I. Thank you.
Steamed Fish with Fermented Soybean Paste
1 big or 3 medium-sized fish (any fish – red snapper, etc)
1½ tablespoons fermented soybean paste
4 cloves garlic
2.5 cm ginger
Some lime or lemon juice
1 tablespoon sugar
2 stalks spring onion
Some fried garlic oil
1. Blend or pound soybean paste, chilies, garlic, shallots and ginger until fairly fine.
2. Mix blended ingredients with some lime or lemon juice and sugar. (Add sugar according to taste)..
3. Place fish on steaming plate.
4. Spoon blended soybean paste mixture all over fish.
5. Steam for 10 minutes or until fish cooked.
6. Garnish with shredded spring onion and some fried garlic oil.