A quick brunch on a lazy Saturday morning would be a satisfying spinach and mushroom omelet. Its feeling, its hearty and you have your daily dosage of greens in it. If you haven’t try this dish, I would highly recommend you to try it. Once you have a bite, you will be making more of this dish!
Here is the list of ingredients you need to make this dish:
Note: This recipe serves for one person ( If you want to make for a crowd, you can either vary the portion to the number of people of make one of this for every person)
1/2 a cup of spinach
5 white Swiss button mushroom
2 whole egg
1/2 a cup of milk
fresh grated nutmeg
salt (for seasoning)
black pepper (for seasoning)
Parmesan cheese (for garnishing at the end)
Let’s start cracking!
1) Beat two eggs and 1/2 a cup of milk together
2) Slice the button mushrooms and fry in a frying pan with a light drizzle of olive oil
3) When the mushroom have wilted down, add 1/2 a cup of spinach
4) When both have incorporated well, grate in freshly grated nutmeg, salt and black pepper to taste and put the filling aside
5) Fry the omelet, when its 3/4 done in the middle add in the filling on the half that is further from you. Flip the other half of the egg covering the filling.
6) Serve it on a plate and slice a few Parmesan cheese
And there you have it! Its quick and easy dish to make for branch on a lazy Saturday when all you want to do is lie in bed. It is always a crowd pleasure. You can add in more fillings to your liking. Have this with a warm tea while reading your daily newspaper. It just melts in your mouth and you won’t realise that you finish it so fast!