This is a delicious bread with a wholesome flavor. It is very moist. It is a very light bread with a crispy crust. It only contains 137 calories a slice and has no cholesterol content. The taste of rosemary bread is very similar to focaccia bread. It is delicious served hot with olive oil and Parmesan cheese. Rosemary is a herb that is often used as a seasoning and it is popular in Mediterranean cuisine. It is a member of the mint family and it is commonly called “dew of the sea” because it is often found growing wild near the sea. Rosemary can be easily grown at home as a pot herb. You can purchase rosemary at the grocery store in the seasonings and spice section.
This recipe is very easy to prepare and bake and will be very rewarding when served. This recipe will make two loaves of rosemary bread. This bread would be great served at any breakfast, lunch, or dinner table. It would make an excellent addition for special occasions or holiday meals. There is nothing better than the aroma of fresh baked bread. It has a wonderful aroma. I hope that you will enjoy preparing and serving this wonderful herb seasoned bread.
1 1/2 teaspoons of dry yeast
1/2 cup of warm water
5 tablespoons of olive oil, plus more for serving
1 teaspoon of sugar
1 teaspoon of salt
2 tablespoons of rosemary, chopped
1 tablespoon of rosemary, whole leaves
2 1/2 cups of flour, all-purpose
1 cup of wheat flour
1. In a small bowl, mix the yeast with the warm water and let stand for 8 minutes.
2. Add 1 cup of water, olive oil, sugar, salt, chopped rosemary, flour, and the wheat flour in a large mixing bowl.Mix the dough for 10 minutes with an electric mixer.
3. Oil a large bowl and shape the dough into a ball and place the dough in the bowl. Let the dough rise for 1 hour. Punch the dough down and cover and let stand for 15 minutes.
4. Place the dough on a floured surface and divide the dough in half.
5. Shape both pieces into a loaf, place on a covered baking sheet and let the dough rise for 30 minutes.
6. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
7. Bake for 30 minutes and let the bread completely cool before slicing. Enjoy!