Ah, pork chops. They are incredibly popular in American kitchens. Of course, the same old pork chop recipe served over and over can get a little boring even for the most easygoing palate, so it is only natural that you may be looking for something to kick up the old average a bit. This recipe combines sage and rosemary spices to create a wonderfully seasoned, rich-tasting grilled pork chop dish that tastes absolutely amazing. Serve this alongside some potatoes, salad or veggies, baked peaches, and fresh baked bread for a complete meal that will be a real crowd-pleaser!
I came across this recipe recently and am so happy with it, so I can personally vouch for how delicious it is!
SAGE AND ROSEMARY PORK CHOPS RECIPE
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 8 to 12 minutes
4 thin boneless pork loin chops
4 tsp. olive oil
1/2 to 1 tsp. rubbed sage
1/4 to 1/2 tsp. Penzeys Black and Red Spice
1/4 to 1/2 tsp. cracked rosemary
1/4 tsp. salt (optional)
1. Use a contact grill to cook this dish. Heat it for 5 minutes.
2. Wash and pat dry the pork loin chops.
3. Use a small container to combine the sage, Black and Red Spice, rosemary, and optional salt.
4. Drizzle half the olive oil over the pork chops and then sprinkle with half the seasoning mix, then rub it into the pork chops.
5. Turn the chops over and drizzle the remaining oil over them, sprinkle them with the remaining half of seasoning mix, and rub it into them again.
6. Place the pork chops onto the grill and cook for about 8 minutes (4-6 minutes per side if using an outdoor grill). Use a meat thermometer to check for when the center of the chops reads 160 degrees.