Eat Your Soup With Your Hands
Do you get hungry between meals? Are you too busy to sit down for breakfast or lunch? Do you like tomato soup? Would you like to pick it up with your hands and take a big bite out of it? If this sounds like you, then you should try Tomato Soup Cake.
Kids are always on the run from school to scouts to team practice to club meetingsand parents are on the run from work to meetings to driving kids back and forth! It’s really tempting to grab some fast food when you’re on the go, but who needs all that fat? Tomato Soup Cake is a great way to keep your diet low in fat and your fast food bill down. Filled with healthy vitamins from tomato soup and dates, Tomato Soup Cake is nutritious, easy to make, and delicious to eat.
Tomato Soup Cake
1/2 cup Crisco
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups tomato soup
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon cloves
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped dates
1 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Grease a large loaf pan and set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, cream the shortening and sugar together.
4. Add the tomato soup, flour, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, and salt to the mixing bowl.
5. Stir the batter until smooth and add the dates and walnuts.
6. Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
This cake is perfect any time of year for a quick and easy snack or for lunch-on-the-go. So, put down your spoon today, pick up a slice of Tomato Soup Cake, take a big bite, and enjoy!