This delicious drink has often been served in the south for more than 100 years. In the south it is a real tradition to serve it during Christmas. You may even remember your grandmother making this very sweet drink. Eggnog is really a healthy drink in that it has a high content of protein. It is wonderful served at holidat breakfast meals. It is often served traditionally during holiday festivities or meals. This is a very rich and creamy tasting drink that is made with eggs. This eggnog is often used for toasting in the New Year. It is delicious served plain or with nuts. It is a very filling drink that may be prepared with the liquor or without. This recipe will only take 30 minutes to make. It is a very simple recipe that most anyone can make.
This rich drink has a beautiful rich creamy color and it is perfect for serving at the holiday parties. It may be served cold or at room temperature. This recipe will make enough to serve a crowd of 24 people. This drink is so delicious that it may be served at any time. To serve children you may make two different bowls which one will be non-alcoholic. In the non-alcoholic bowl you may use flavoring in place of the liquor such as amaretto, almond, or vanilla. Kids really love eggnog with it’s very sweet creamy texture. Eggnog may be purchased in the store, but it is much better tasting being homemade. I am glad to have shared a part of a great southern tradition in providing you with the recipe for this delicious drink.
1 dozen of large eggs, room temperature
1 cup of sugar
2 cups of rum or bourbon
2 cups of whipped topping
1 cup of chopped pecans
1. In two large mixing bowls, separate the eggs and add 6 tablespoons of sugar to each bowl.
2. Beat the egg yolks and the sugar until thick and add the bourbon or rum. Stir well until well combined.
3. Beat the egg whites and the sugar until stiff. Add this mixture to the yolk mixture.
4. Add the whipped topping and mix until well combined. Pour into individual party cups.
5. Add a bit of whipped topping on top of the drink and sprinkle with nutmeg and chopped pecans.
6. Serve at room temp or chilled. Enjoy!