Halloween is the spooky , creepy time of the year. Gouls and Gobling – Ghosts and Werewolfs. Halloween is also time for fun and great tasting food. These treats might even be a halloween hit. Or to put in goodie bags or trick or treat give aways. Today I will give you 1 great recipe. This is called Halloween Cookies
1) Haloween Cookies
This is a great personalised gift or recipe that anyone can do. This is a great tasting recipe and are great fun for any kids or adults.
This Halloween settle down to some cookies. Cookies with worms or eyes. I know what your thinking ” Yuck!” but these will taste great.
Trolli sour worms (Aust)
Cadbury chocolate drops
Mircrowave Proof cup
250g Unsalted Softened Butter
3 Cups pure icing sugar
1-2 tablespoons of milk
125g unsalted butter, softened
1 1/4 cups (250g) firmly packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups (225g) plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
100g good-quality dark chocolate, roughly chopped 100g white chocolate, roughly chopped
1) Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2) Place butter and sugar in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until pale. Add vanilla and egg and continue to beat until just combined. Sift in the flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt then fold in. Stir through chunks of chocolate.
3) Place tablespoonfuls of mixture 4-5cm apart on the tray. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a golden colour. Remove from oven and allow to cool a little before removing to a wire rack to cool completely
1) Using an electric mixer or beater, beat butter until white and creamy. Add icing sugar, 1/2 cup at a time, and mix well add food colouring if wanted. Add enough milk to make icing spreadable but not to much that is goes soggy or is difficult to spread
. C) Decorating
1) Ice the cookies with your coloured icing
2) Put 1 hand full per person of chocolate drops in a mirowave proof container and put in microwave for 20 seconds at a time untill smooth and warm then drizzle over half of the amount of cookies ( example – 24 cookies drizzle over 12 )
3) For the other half put one sour worm on each of the other half. Or you can use any other lolly.