If you are looking for a recipe that will turn heads at the next party you are hosting, or the next gathering you have with family and friends then you will love this simple, and easy recipe , Bacon Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes, I am going to share. These are fairly inexpensive, and now since spring has arrived there are many places selling cherry tomatoes. Maybe you can use some fresh tomatoes that you have home grown. I believe even the children will want to taste these little “gems”. The hardest part, it is waiting till you can eat them.
BACON STUFFED CHERRY TOMATOES:
You might want to look for firm cherry tomatoes, so that when you go to stuff them, they will not fall apart.
INGREDIENTS you will need-
* fried, crispy bacon, chopped into small pieces(about 12 ounces)
* 24 ripe and firm cherry tomatoes, (hollowed out)
* chopped or minced onion, (about 1/2 cup)
* minced garlic, fresh or refrigerated, (about 1 teaspoon)
* pepper and salt (to taste)
*cream cheese, softened(about 4 ounces)
1. Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Place the hollowed out cherry tomatoes to the side, in a well greased glass baking dish. Line them in rows, about 1/2 inch apart. Not touching.
3. In a medium bowl, add the bacon pieces.
4. Now add the garlic, along with the bacon.
5. Add the onion to the garlic and bacon.
6. Add salt and pepper to your own desire.
7. Fold in the cream cheese. Making sure to evenly mix the ingredients. Add mixture to each tomato.
8. Place tomatoes in the oven, for about ten minutes, letting the flavors mix. When the edges of tomatoes look a little brown, take them out.
9. Serve warm.
This is a good recipe in that it brings meat, dairy and vegetable nutrients in every bite. Simple but elegant looking, your friends will be amazed.