When I first come across egg muffins, the first thing that came up to my mind was, EGG in muffins? The thought of having eggy muffins did freak me out a little however, I’ve come up with a delicious simple egg mufin breakfast that is good for food on the go but also its a hit with the little ones!
Things you’ll need for egg mufins
1 Muffin Pan
1 Stick of butter
1 teaspoon of Vanilla Essence (Liquid)
2 slices of Bacon
1 Cup of Parmesan Cheese
Salt & Pepper ( to taste )
1 bundle of English Muffins
2 tablespoon of Skim Milk
1/4 cup of Fresh Milk
Steps in making your delicious egg muffins! :
1) Set the oven to 245 degree
2) Butter lightly the muffin pan with a stick of butter ( You can switch to cooking spray if you want )
3) Chop the bacon to bite size pieces and fry then in a frying pan (without oil). Fry until it is gloden brown and put fried bacon on a paper towel to drain excess oil
4) Slice the English Muffin into half and toast the English Muffins in the oven until gloden brown
5) Beat 5 eggs in a bowl and add 1/4 cup of fresh milk, 2 table spoon of Skim Milk, 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Essence, 1/2 cup of Parmesan Chesse, Fried Bacon and a pinch of Salt and Pepper to taste. Mix the ingredients together.
6) Tear the cool-enough-to-handle English Muffins to fit to the muffin pan.
7) Pour in the wet mixture to the muffin pan that is filled with English Muffins.
8) Scatter the other 1/2 cup of Parmesan Chesse on top of each of the batter
9) Bake the egg mufins for 20 minutes or until cook
And its done! Leave the muffin until it is cool-enough-to handle. This would be great dish to entertain if you invite friends and family over for a light branch. You could serve this with a cup of hot tea with a slice of lemon and mint as garnish on the tea. The tea would be a great refreshing way to start a day especially after a dreadful hang over. These egg muffins could also be serve as food on the go for the kids to have a quick bite before they are off to school. Either way, it’s a great dish to serve at anytime of the day!
Its quick and fun even to do this with your kids, try it and enjoy the delightfulness of egg muffins as I did!