Growing up, I have always had and loved corned beef sandwiches. My mother would make me one when I was younger, but she never made it as well as when I made my own. The latest gadgets and technology really does help to make a great corned beef sandwich that is to die for.
It’s not that hard to slap bread, corned beef, and mustard together, but I go a bit farther than that. For the perfect corned beef sandwich, you need, 2 slices of rye bread, corned beef, swiss cheese, and honey Dijon mustard. You ask why honey Dijon instead of regular mustard and my answer would be that honey Dijon if you pick out the right one, it gives you a bit of a kick and it tastes great on this great sandwich.
When I went away to college, I learned to come up with some great combinations. The one other thing that you need besides the ingredients is a George forman grill to make it perfect because right after you put everything together, you will be grilling this in there. This grill is great for gilling sandwhiches too.
Now for the steps:
1) Put onto a plate the two slices of rye bread.
2) Take the Honey Dijon mustard and squirt on both sides of the bread the mustard on there, but don’t overdo it. Just give it enough to give it its kick. Nothing is as bad as having too much mustard.
3) Place your corn beef on both sides to the perfect amount that you love. You also can just put the corned beef only on one side if you choose to do so.
4) Put the swiss cheese in. If you have the corned beef on one side, just put it on top or if you have it on both, just put it in the middle. Put as much cheese as you like.
5) Grill it. You remember me mentioning that you needed a George Forman grill. This is where you actually will grill your sandwich. You want to grill it till the cheese starts melting. Be careful, don’t burn it. You will be upset if you do.
Now you should have the perfect corned beef sandwich. The first time may not be perfect, but as you make more of them, they will come out better and better to your perfection. You can now sit down and enjoy your sandwich.
Don’t expect the first time to be the best, as you will find the right amount of everything that makes the perfect corned beef sandwich for you. My perfect corned beef sandwich may be different than yours. Everyone has different tastes. Some people like a lot of corned beef and others like a little. You will find what you like the best. It’s just the matter of preference.