An excelent appetizer that will melt in youur mouth. They are delicious hot or cold. Great for tea time or a cocktail party. Cheese rounds are great served on the side with soup or salad. Cheese rounds will make anyones day packed for lunch. A great addition to any table for lunch or dinner. Perfect for parties or picnics. This recipe makes five dozen. Prep time is twenty five minutes. Chilling time two hours. Baking time is ten minutes for each sheet. Oven temperature shold be set at 400 degrees F.
One cup of butter
Four cups of shredded cheddar cheese, sharp
Two cups of all purpose flour
1 teaspoon of paprika
One small bowl of sesame seeds
1. Cream butter with mixer and blend in flour, cheese and paprika.
2. Chill for one hour and then shape into one inch balls.
3. Roll each ball in the sesame seeds and place on a baking sheet about 1 1/2 inches apart.
4. Chill for one hour.
5. Bake at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes only, do not brown.
6. Cool and store in an airtight container in a cool place.
These are an excellent source of calcium. Kids love them. The cheese rounds may also be frozen until they are ready to be baked. After they are baked, they may also be frozen to save for a later date. Never brown them because it will dry them out. Cayenne pepper is excellent for adding spice. I hope you enjoy this easy to make appetizer as well as me. These are great for giving as gifts in a lttle decorated tin. They truly are a real crowd pleaser. They are quite an addition and very decorative for any table. They are easy to pack and store. Enjoy!