A Halloween party calls for a creepy cocktail or two. If you need a great “blood” cocktail that tastes great and looks just gross enough to work, here are a few blood-themed Halloween cocktail ideas that will make your party rock!
This is an elegant and mature drink that combines gourmet flavors with a beautiful presentation…and yet still has that squicky blood color that makes it perfect for an adult Halloween party.
2 measures acai vodka
1 measure acai juice
1/2 measure fresh lime juice
Fresh chilled champagne
Wedge of lime, for garnish
1. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice cubes. Pour in the acai vodka, acai juice, and fresh lime juice, then shake the mixture vigorously until it is well frosted.
2. Strain the drink into a chilled cocktail or martini glass, then top off with chilled champagne.
3. Garnish with a fresh wedge of lime to serve.
-Bloody Rum Punch-
If you like sangria, you will love this variation on the old classic. This is a great punch recipe to serve a whole crowd!
1 bottle (750 ml) rum
1/2 bottle red wine
6 oz. fresh lime juice
6 oz. triple sec
6 oz. simple syrup
2 limes, sliced into thin wheels
2 blood oranges, sliced into thin wheels
1. Combine all ingredients in a punch bowl.
2. Refrigerate the mixture for two hours before serving.
3. Serve drinks over ice.
-Vampire Kiss Martini-
This sexy cocktail is great for those who are fans of vampires!
1 1/2 measures vodka
3/4 measure Chambord
1 1/2 measures champagne
Red sugar, for garnish
1. Chill a cocktail glass.
2. Rim the glass using the red sugar.
3. Pour the vodka and half of the Chambord into the glass.
4. Top the drink with the champagne.
5. Over the back of a spoon, pour the rest of the Chambord into the drink so that it floats on top.
A pomegranate martini looks gorgeously sinister and tastes amazing!
1 1/2 measures vodka
1 measure Pama
1/2 measure sweet vermouth
1. Chill a martini glass.
2. Fill a shaker with ice. Pour in the vodka, Pama, and sweet vermouth, then shake vigorously until it is well frosted.
2. Strain the drink from the shaker into the chilled martini glass.